Cattle Club is available for students who have an interest in cattle; judging, showing and presenting.
St Brendan’s College is a registered member of the Queenslander Cattle Breed Society with the stud name “Brencol Queenslanders”. The Queenslander breed is a combination of Red Brahman and Droughtmaster genetics.
- Cattle Club is open to students in all year levels.
- Cost is $150 per year ($120 for existing members who already have the Cattle Club shirt).
- Students are required to wear the SBC Cattle Club shirt when at events and showing cattle.
- Cattle Club runs Tuesday and Thursday afternoons from 3.30pm to 4.30pm.
- Students travel to various agricultural shows each year to show cattle. Some shows require students to camp overnight so they will require a swag or sleeping bag. There will be a small additional charge for transport to and from shows. In 2019, the SBC Cattle Club plans to attend and participate in the following Shows:
- The Caves Show - Saturday 27 April 2019
- Baralaba Show - Saturday 11 May 2019
- Callide Valley Show - Friday 17 to Saturday 18 May 2019
- Ridgelands Show - Saturday 1 June 2019
- Yeppoon Show - Saturday 8 to Sunday 9 June 2019
- Rockhampton Show - Wednesday 12 to Friday 14 June 2019
- Sarina Show - Saturday 3 to Sunday 4 August 2019
- Mt Morgan Show - Saturday 10 August 2019
- Wowan Show - Saturday 17 August 2019
- Students are trained in all aspects of cattle showing including breaking in cattle, halter training and leading and presenting cattle for judging. Students learn what the judges are looking for when judging cattle.
- All students participate in Junior Parader competitions at the shows as well as leading led steers and stud cattle
- Students will have the opportunity to participate and learn about Junior Judging
- Students may donate a steer to the school at the beginning of Term 4 to break in and get ready for next year’s shows. The school accepts and welcomes donations of led steers to the club.