Cattle Club is available for students who have an interest in cattle; judging, showing and presenting.
St Brendan’s College is a registered member of the Queenslander Cattle Breed Society with the stud name “Brencol Queenslanders”. The Queenslander breed is a combination of Red Brahman and Droughtmaster genetics.
- Cattle Club is open to students in all year levels. Cost is $200 per year.
- Students are required to purchase a school Cattle Club shirt to wear when showing the cattle.
- Cattle Club runs two afternoons per week from 3.15pm to 4.15pm.
- Students travel to various agricultural shows each year to show cattle. Some shows require students to camp overnight so they will require a swag or sleeping bag
- Students are trained in all aspects of cattle showing including breaking in cattle, halter training and leading and presenting cattle for judging. Students learn what the judges are looking for when judging cattle.
- All students participate in Junior Parader competitions at the shows as well as leading led steers and stud cattle
- Students may donate a steer to the school at the beginning of Term 4 to break in and get ready for next year’s shows. The school accepts and welcomes donations of led steers to the club.