Cattle Club is available for students who have an interest in cattle; judging, showing and presenting.
St Brendan’s College is using a mixture of Red Brahman and Droughtmaster genetics to provide home bred show steers. The balance of the show team are purchased or donated cattle.
- Cattle Club is open to students in all year levels.
- Cost is $150 per year ($120 for existing members who already have the Cattle Club shirt).
- Students are required to wear the SBC Cattle Club shirt when at events and showing cattle.
- Cattle Club runs Tuesday and Thursday afternoons from 3.30pm to 5.00pm.
- Students travel to various agricultural shows each year to show cattle. Some shows require students to camp overnight so they will require a swag or sleeping bag. There will be a small additional charge for transport to and from shows. The SBC Cattle Club participate in the following Shows:
- The Caves Show
- Baralaba Show
- Callide Valley Show
- Ridgelands Show
- Yeppoon Show
- Rockhampton Show
- Sarina Show
- Mt Morgan Show
- Wowan Show
- Students are trained in all aspects of cattle showing including breaking in cattle, halter training and leading and presenting cattle for judging. Students learn what the judges are looking for when judging cattle.
- All students participate in Junior Parader competitions at the shows as well as leading led steers and stud cattle
- Students will have the opportunity to participate and learn about Junior Judging