Every year, the College holds an Orientation Day for new students enrolled for the following school year. It is also an opportunity for prospective parents of the College to tour the College, view classrooms and speak to staff about the opportunities and pathways available at St Brendan's College.
Orientation Day for new 2019 students will be held on Saturday 3 November 2018, with boarding students invited to experience a night in boarding on Friday 2 November to support their transition to boarding for 2019.
The program will involve:
Friday 2 November, 2018
- 5.30 pm - Welcome and dinner for new boarders and their families wishing to experience boarding life
- 6.00 pm - Evening spent at Residences – parents/families into Wallace and new students into dorm of relevant year level
Saturday 3 November, 2018
- 8.30 am - Breakfast for boarding families at Dining Hall
- 9.00 am - Welcome and registration for new students 2019 at the College Chapel
- 10.00 am - Information session for new students 2019 and their parents, including a welcome by Principal, Mr Robert Corboy, and an address by our Acting Head of Boarding, Mrs Cathy Minto.
- 10.45 am - Morning tea
- 11.15 am - College tours and classrooms open for viewing and interaction
Other matters to be addressed on Orientation Day for 2019 students:
- Uniform Shop will be open from 10am to 2pm on the day for uniform purchases.
- All students will be given uniform and stationery lists for 2019.
- Boarding students will be issued with requirement lists for boarding.
- Confirmation of subject selections for new students Years 8 -12, 2019.
- Finance Department will be open for anybody wishing to discuss school fees.
- Health Centre will be open to discuss the medical needs of your son/s.
Please RSVP to Kylie Hedges by Wednesday 24 October, 2018 on 4939 9485 or email email@example.com or fax 4939 5273 if you will be attending.