Every year, the College holds an Orientation Day for new students enrolled for the following school year. It is also an opportunity for prospective parents of the College to tour the College, view classrooms and speak to staff about the opportunities and pathways available at St Brendan's College.
Orientation Day for 2020 will be held on Saturday 2 November 2019, with boarding students invited to experience a night in boarding on Friday 1 November to support their transition to boarding for 2020.
Further detail will be provided as the year progresses, however the program normally runs as follows:
- 5.30 pm - Welcome and dinner for new boarders and their families wishing to experience boarding life
- 6.00 pm - Evening spent at Residences
- 8.30 am - Breakfast for boarding families at Dining Hall
- 9.00 am - Welcome and registration for new students at the College Chapel
- 10.00 am - Information session for new students and their parents, including a welcome by Principal, Mr Robert Corboy, and an address by our Head of Boarding
- 10.45 am - Morning tea
- 11.15 am - College tours and classrooms open for viewing and interaction
Other items on the agenda for Orientation Day include:
- Uniform Shop open for uniform purchases.
- All students will be given uniform and stationery lists.
- Boarding students will be issued with requirement lists for boarding.
- Confirmation of subject selections for new students Years 8 -12.
- Finance Department will be open for anybody wishing to discuss school fees.
- Health Centre will be open to discuss the medical needs of your son/s.